Integration with Salesforce: Salesforce Player
The Salesforce Player allows any Salesforce user to view Elements Process Maps and Elements Diagrams in the context of Salesforce objects with single sign-on. They can also to log into Elements using their Salesforce account to create and edit maps and diagrams.
The Elements Salesforce Player is a standard Salesforce managed package application. The Installation and Administration Guide, which also has the link to the installation package can be downloaded here. It takes less than 30 minutes to install and set up the package and configure it.
This is available as part of the core Free tier of Elements. The following 8 min video provides the details with examples in the software as summarized in the ‘Deep Dive’ section below.
The Salesforce Elements app
The application consists of three tabs.
- Elements Settings
- Elements Maps
This runs the entire Elements app inside a Salesforce tab as a single page app.
The Elements Settings tab enables a Salesforce Administrator to
- Connect a Salesforce Organization to an Elements Team Space
- Manage users
- Set existing users in the Salesforce Organization to have access Elements using their Salesforce login
- Allow all new Salesforce users to automatically have access to Elements using their Salesforce login
- Setup display options
- Set which maps appear in the Elements Maps tab
- For each Salesforce object and Custom Object, set which Elements diagram is displayed in the object’s details page.
- Setup Config Manager / Ref Model sync
- The Elements Maps tab is where any Salesforce user can see the Elements process maps to which they have been given access.
The following are required to install and use this package
- A Salesforce Organization with either Enterprise or Unlimited licenses
- An Elements Team Administrator user account.
It is assumed that person installing the package is familiar with the administration of a Salesforce Organization.
The Elements Salesforce player is a standard Salesforce managed package application. The Installation and Administration Guide, which also has the link to the installation package can be downloaded here. It takes less than 30 minutes to install and set up the package and configure it.
BACK TO HELP CENTER