Drive sustainable business improvement
Many books have been written about this. Whole consulting companies exist just to help you make this happen.
So what does Elements provide to help support delivering ‘sustainable business improvement’?
People generally come to work to do the best job they can. The most common causes of waste or delay, are ignorance or people not realising the implications of what they do (or do not do). Very few people consciously do the wrong thing. Or consciously make things hard for a customer. Being able to drive (and sustain) business improvement often comes down to a few key things:
- Everyone involved in the process understanding what the improvement objectives are
- People with knowledge understanding the obstacles that are stopping that improvement from taking place an.
- People with power being convinced that making the investment required to make the improvement is worth it – and having the confidence that the organization can execute the changes required to achieve that improvement.
- Everyone involved in the process having visibility of the things they need to do to execute and adopt that change, including visibility of the fact that have actually done them, and continue to do them.
This is where Elements Process Knowledge delivers.
Elements Process Knowledge allows you to build all of your business improvement initiatives on a strong foundation. The power is the simplicity. A simple hierarchical set of knowledge of ‘Who needs to do What, When, Why and How’ to achieve and sustain your improvement objectives. Do it right and that is HUGELY valuable.
Process Mapping could be seen as a way to move through the following three steps in any business change – If you are using structured methods like ‘Lean’ or ‘SixSigma’ to drive the approach – see the section on supporting Lean Six-Sigma with Elements :
- What you think happens in your organization (your starting point)
- What’s actually happening (with evidence and data points – Your mapped out As-Is)
- What should be happening to achieve your desired outcomes (your agreed To-Be operational Process Knowledge)
You can use Elements to capture the As-Is picture including issues and opportunities and then create a To-Be and manage the change from the As-Is ways of working to the To-Be ways of working. But it then comes down to a key management decision.
QUESTION: Do you use this Process Knowledge as a one-time picture for a project or do you maintain it as a living asset to support AND SUSTAIN the adoption of the business improvements.
The Process Knowledge Pro capabilities (due October 2016) make that easier to do and add significant operational benefits into the core capability of the software. But we have ensured that you can build the foundations and embed the disciplines in your organizational culture, whether or not you ever go beyond the Process Knowledge Free capabilities.
The Process Knowledge Governance capabilities (due late spring 2017) enable full version, release management and the authorisation, review lifecycle capabilities that allow you to put Process Knowledge at the core of your operational capabilities. With these in place, you can not only drive adoption and sustain improvements, but also make your compliance, risk and management systems completely aligned with the living breathing organizational understanding of your Process Knowledge.
BACK TO HELP CENTER